Achari Puy Lentils with Cod Loin
This recipe is a simple alternative to the classic curry yet still has that amazing Achari zest to complement succulent cod loin. Our suggestion is to serve with boiled basmati rice but it's equally delish with lemon rice. Serves 4.
- 600g cod loin cut into 4 equal pieces
- 450g puy lentils
- 50g butter
- 2 cups basmati rice (soaked for 30 mins)
- Melt the butter and add the garlic (grated or crushed)
- Baste the cod loin in a pan with the garlic butter on a medium heat until cooked (approx 7 minutes).
- In a separate pan, boil the puy lentils until cooked (1:1 ratio of lentils to water) and add Achari Tarka Sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes on a high heat stirring frequently.
- Separately, boil the rice with 4 cups of water until cooked through
- Serve the fish on a bed of Achari puy lentils in a shallow bowl and a side of boiled rice.