Split Pea Lentil and Chicken Achari Yaknee (soup)
This recipe is perfect for the summer sizzler barbecue. Can be used with other meat cuts but works best with lamb chops. Serves 4
- 1 jar (270g) Achari Tarka Sauce
- 250g split pea lentils
- 375g diced chicken breast
- Spring onions for garnish
- Soak the lentils in water for 30 minutes
- Boil 375g of diced chicken breast in 125ml of water for 10 minutes with the lid on
- In a separate pan, place the drained lentils and add a jar (270g) of Achari Tarka Sauce
- Add 375ml of boiling water and continue to cook with the lid on until the lentils are cooked through (approx 25 minutes).
- Add the lentil soup to the pan with the chicken. Bring to the boil and simmer on a high heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve in a soup bowl, garnish with finely chopped spring onions and serve with rustic bread or chunky croutons.