Tikka Masala Cooking Sauce
HEAT LEVEL: Medium
SIZE: 270g (Serves 3-4 or if you like a saucy curry then 2-3)
The UK's most popular Indian dish, Tikka Masala was created in the UK. The Aagrah Foods Tikka Masala cooking sauce recipe lets you stick to the traditional method of making this dish - by first grilling the chicken. The dish consists of grilled chunks of chicken cooked in a creamy, spicy sauce.
Ingredients: Tomatoes (tomato, acidity regulator: citric acid),
rapeseed oil, fried onion (onion, rapeseed oil), garlic, ginger, concentrated lemon juice, ground coriander, green chilli, tandoori masala spice blend (coriander, salt, beetroot, extract, fenugreek, black pepper, onion powder, cinnamon, garlic powder, cumin, nutmeg, ginger, cardamon, clove, paprika, chilli powder, celery, spice extracts, bay, colours (paprika extract, turmeric extract, red iron oxide), ground cumin, garam masala, (coriander, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper, pimento, cardamom, clove, bay leaf, cassia, nutmeg), salt, chilli powder, turmeric, fenugreek, coriander leaf, cardamon, bay leaf. For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Creating your delicious Tikka Masala - Great with meat, poultry, fish or vegetables
- To make your Tikka Masala really special, marinade the chicken in 2 dessert spoons of the base for at least 1 hour or ideally overnight.
- Grill the meat under a medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Empty the remaining jar contents into a pan, add 100ml of water to the jar, replace lid, swirl around and add this to the pan.
- Stir in 40g of single cream* and bring to the boil.
- Add your grilled meat/vegetables and stir through until cooked and sauce reaches the desired consistency. Serve with rice, naan bread or chapati’s – delicious!
*Double cream, mild yoghurt or a dairy free alternative will also work well.
||Per Serving (67.5g)|
|of which sugars||2.9||2.0|
|of which saturates||1.3||0.9|
Not a bad sauce.
Maybe a bit more spice or salt.
Also instructions are to read.
Maybe put instructions vertically and a bigger font.
The flavours are wonderful however it states a 2 heat but for my taste a little too hot. Would still buy again as they are the best I’ve tried and add cream.
Not used it yet
As a family we have slightly different tastes however this sauce was perfect for all of us. We used a small amount of the sauce to marinade the chicken as suggested and grilled this. Some of us enjoyed the grilled Tikka while the rest went on to enjoy the curry. We will definately be return customers!
Me and the family love a Indian takeaway and I thought I’d give these jars a go, not disappointed at all, I’ve purchased more since and everyone has been so good