Tikka Masala Cooking Sauce
HEAT LEVEL: Medium
SIZE: 270g (Serves 3-4 or if you like a saucy curry then 2-3)
The UK's most popular Indian dish, Tikka Masala was created in the UK. The Aagrah Foods Tikka Masala cooking sauce recipe lets you stick to the traditional method of making this dish - by first grilling the chicken. The dish consists of grilled chunks of chicken cooked in a creamy, spicy sauce.
Ingredients: Tomatoes (tomato, acidity regulator: citric acid),
rapeseed oil, fried onion (onion, rapeseed oil), garlic, ginger, concentrated lemon juice, ground coriander, green chilli, tandoori masala spice blend (coriander, salt, beetroot, extract, fenugreek, black pepper, onion powder, cinnamon, garlic powder, cumin, nutmeg, ginger, cardamon, clove, paprika, chilli powder, celery, spice extracts, bay, colours (paprika extract, turmeric extract, red iron oxide), ground cumin, garam masala, (coriander, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper, pimento, cardamom, clove, bay leaf, cassia, nutmeg), salt, chilli powder, turmeric, fenugreek, coriander leaf, cardamon, bay leaf. For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Creating your delicious Tikka Masala - Great with meat, poultry, fish or vegetables
- To make your Tikka Masala really special, marinade the chicken in 2 dessert spoons of the base for at least 1 hour or ideally overnight.
- Grill the meat under a medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Empty the remaining jar contents into a pan, add 100ml of water to the jar, replace lid, swirl around and add this to the pan.
- Stir in 40g of single cream* and bring to the boil.
- Add your grilled meat/vegetables and stir through until cooked and sauce reaches the desired consistency. Serve with rice, naan bread or chapati’s – delicious!
*Double cream, mild yoghurt or a dairy free alternative will also work well.
||Per Serving (67.5g)|
|of which sugars||2.9||2.0|
|of which saturates||1.3||0.9|
Since April I’ve been using a variety of different Aagrah Cooking Sauces and have enjoyed them all. Still missing eating out but this partly makes up for it!
So delicious. I would eat it every day. Can’t wait to try the others
This was a superb tasting curry and probably the best I’ve had from a jar but it’s really nothing like a Tikka Masalla. That said I will happily buy again and am keen to try the other sauces.
Really pleased with the Tikka Massala sauce. Great flavour and consistency and genuinely does look and taste like a high quality restaurant curry. It’s worth marinading the meat for at least a few hours before cooking to make it very tender. Brilliant products. So pleased!!!!!
Very authentic curry sauces - recommended