Hara Tikka Spice Blend
HEAT LEVEL: MILD
Hara Tikka Spice Blend originates from the North-West of Pakistan and is perfect for creating an alternative to the more common Tikka. Bringing together the delicate flavours of garlic, coriander and mint, this blend will create a mouthwatering addition to any curry evening or barbecued sizzler! It goes perfectly with chicken and has no added chilli (you will need to add your own green chilli paste) so you can make yours as mild or hot as you like.
Ingredients: Ground coriander, salt, poppy seeds, garam masala (coriander, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, black pepper, pimento, cardamom, clove, bay leaf, cassia, nutmeg), garlic powder, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, aniseed. May contain traces of gluten, egg, milk, sesame, soya, sulphites, barley, peanuts and nuts.
How to create our delicious Hara Tikka marinade:
You will need:
- 500g diced chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon green chilli paste (for a medium-hot heat, less if you prefer mild)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon garden mint sauce or 10g mint leaves finely chopped
- 20g chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Hara Tikka Spice Blend
- Mix all the ingredients together and allow the chicken to marinade in the mix for at least 2 hours.
- Place the chicken onto skewers (or use a griddle pan) and barbecue/grill on a medium-high heat for approx 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in the middle).
- You can also cook the chicken in the oven by placing into a baking pan at 200⁰C (fan) for 15-17 minutes.
|of which sugars||0.6|
|of which saturates||1.9|