Hydrabadi Chicken Biryani
The Hydrabadi Tarka base is one of the most versatile flavours in the Tarka range and also the best seller for a reason; the intense flavours lend themselves perfectly to many different types of dish. The Hydrabadi Biryani is a traditional favourite taking 45 minutes to prepare and will comfortably serve 4.
- 1 jar (270g) Hydrabadi Tarka Sauce
- 125g mixed vegetables
- 375g diced chicken breast
- 250g white basmati rice
- Soak the basmati rice in water for at least 30 minutes
- Fry 375g of chicken in 2tbsp oil for 3-5 minutes until sealed
- Add the mixed vegetables to the pan
- Add one jar (270g) of Hydrabadi Tarka Sauce
- Add 300ml water and 120ml of double cream and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the rice, and add to the curry pot. Mix together and add boiling water to just cover the rice.
- Add the lid and allow to cook through on a very low heat for 10-12 minutes until the rice is cooked all the way through.
- Garnish with crispy fried onions and fresh coriander and serve with green salad, raita or choice of chutney.