Murgh Saag (Chicken & Spinach)
Chicken with a vegetable option is traditional village favourite. This recipe uses spinach but can also be substituted for sweet potato, chickpeas, cauliflower, potatoes or mixed vegetables.
- 1 jar (270g) Balti Tarka Sauce
- 400g diced chicken breast
- 125g fresh leaf or baby leaf spinach (sweet potato, chickpeas also optional)
- 2 red chillies (optional)
- Brown 400g of diced chicken in one tbsp oil
- Add the jar of Balti Tarka Sauce and 300ml water
- Add 125g of fresh leaf or baby leaf spinach.
- Bring to boil and simmer on a low/medium heat while stirring frequenty for 7-8 minutes or until the dish is relatively dry (no water should be separating from the curry).
- For a bit of extra spice, add sliced red chillies to garnish!
- Serve with hot chapati's, naan bread or rice.